CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stupid Cancer.

So my year so far is off to a crappy start. On Dec. 30 2008 my husband Rob was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. He is now scheduled to have it removed on Jan. 23 2009. The only reason we found out is because we tried to get a life ins. policy for him and his blood work came back showing and elevated PSA . So he went to our family dr. (who is no longer our dr. because he is an idiot) told him to drink lots of fluids and come back in Jan. Great medical advice; go home and drink water and you will magically "pee" out the cancer! So I made Rob go to see a urologist-because of another problem that was going on- and this dr. did 2 different biopsies to confirm the cancer. Stupid Cancer. We pretty much knew that he had it. BUT when you are sitting in the dr's office and he point blank looks you in the eye and tell you: It's prostate cancer and here are your options---well that's the scariest thing ever!!! I sat there for as long as I could with big alligator tears starting to form. But then I couldn't breathe and the room was closing in around me and I ran outside so fast. I left Rob standing there in the office-speachless- because his wife had just fallen apart in front of him. He is being very brave in front of me. When he is alone, it's a different story.

This changes everything. For now.

0 comments: